5/20/12

Olivia Penpraze: 900 Cries for Help

As most people probably already know, a 19 year old girl by the name of Olivia Penpraze attempted suicide on the 29th of March, and for close to a month she was left brain-dead and on life support. Recently, she was taken off and is now dead.
Olivia was bullied for years and years before this happened. She was called worthless, stupid, and told that she should die. She has pychsosis, and hears voices and sees people that try to hurt her. Because of this, Olivia started hurting herself in Grade 10 and since 2008, she has attempted suicide on every single May 1st.
And this time, she succeeded.
The thing that angers me the most about this is that this could have been prevented. She could have been saved, if someone, anyone had been there for her. But no one was.
This is the video she posted on youtube:


Olivia also had a tumblr account, now deleted, under the name 'bulimickittens'. She posted 900 over posts, over 900 cries for help, and no one cared. Some of them did, probably, and left her supportive messages, but the majority didn't.
She got messages telling her to kill herself, and messages calling her a multitude of names. People egged her on, people egged her on.
It's things like this that lead me to lose faith in the human race. There were probably dozens of people heartless enough to post things like that, and for what reason? Did they get a kick out of it? Did they think that it was fun?
This is what her dad posted on her tumblr before deleting it:
"To all of my daughter’s followers, this is to let you all know that on Thursday, 29th March, Olivia attempted suicide, as a result she is on life support and this will be terminated shortly due to her being brain dead.  So, to all of the people who posted support of this outcome on this blog, you can be real proud of yourselves.  As a father who witnessed her first breath of life and now to witness her last, I thank you for your utmost disregard for life.  If this sort of activity gets you off, you are nothing.  To those of you who offered her support to refrain from killing herself, thanks.  You should all try to make contact with family even if it is against your wishes.  At least leave a contact somewhere on your blog in times of need.  I know that you all need somewhere you can vent your anger and feelings and that these blogs can help, but in reality family must always come first…"
 I agree with him totally. The parents of a suicidal person need to be notified in such cases like this. I have things, on my own tumblr, set up if anyone needs to talk. I have the numbers for the suicide hotline, the depression hotline, the sexuality support hotline, and many others, and I shall re-post them all here if anyone needs them. 

Depression Hotline: 1-630-482-9696
Suicide Hotline: 1-800-784-8433
LifeLine: 1-800-273-8255
Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386
Sexuality Support: 1-800-246-7743
Eating Disorders Hotline: 1-847-831-3438
Rape and Sexual Assault: 1-800-656-4673
Grief Support: 1-650-321-5272
Runaway: 1-800-843-5200, 1-800-843-5678, 1-800-621-4000
Exhale: After Abortion Hotline/Pro-Voice: 1-866-4394253
If you ever want to talk: DM me on twitter, or ask me something on tumblr.
 And with that, I say RIP, Olivia Penpraze. I sincerely hope your next life is better then your last.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I did not knew her but I know she was beautiful, inside and outside. She helped everyone who needed, and she didn't deserve what the people told to her. With her, I learned that words hurt and that sometimes people can hide their real feelings very well. :( R.I.P. Olivia, I hope you can be happy now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story broke my heart n made me teary-eye she was so beatiful how come no1 cared enough to help i delt with a grief like this so ik what n how the parents n friends n family feel my heart n support goes out to them n to any one thats suicidal i used to be there ik how it is to feel like if u speak up they'll look at u like a freak or that ur parents will punish u because deep down somewhere uk wat feels right to u is wrong to them yes ive been there n im past that horible stage n i would gladly help u can find me on instagram n twitter @muñekiita_prettyeyez

    ReplyDelete